Friday, November 13, 2009

Today's Shopping Trip

It went well this morning. Baby boy woke me up at 6:30 to nurse, so I was up in time to get to the store as soon as it opened. Everything was well-stocked and there weren't too many shoppers (though more than I'd expect at that hour!) Here was my haul:

The cheese (8 pounds!), Purex, and potatoes were on the one-day sale. The trash bags and aluminum foil were just because we (really!) needed them. The rest of it was a special deal the store was running. They put a coupon in their ad for $5 off any 10 Smuckers products that are on sale in their ad. That includes Crisco, Hungry Jack, Smuckers, Jif, Pillsbury baking, and Eagle brand milk. I've got tons of coupons for these items, so I will probably be going back again. The Pillsbury cake mixes AND frosting tubs are only .38 each after the $5 coupon, so I will definitely be getting some of those on my next trip--I don't think you could make cake and frosting from scratch for much less than that!

And guess what I spent on all that? I figured up that the cheese alone would have cost at least $20 at Aldi.....But my total was only $26.26. Not too bad! Now, I *did* use a $6 coupon that printed out from the cereal deal a couple weeks ago (and I tallied that against the cost of the cereal), so really, my total was $32.26. Still a pretty good deal considering what I got. And it feels good to shop at my local grocery store once in a while instead of having to drive for an hour. :)

Hope some others are getting some good grocery deals this week, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment