And you all know that snow makes kids go crazy, right? (And if you didn't before, you do by now!)
So, here is a list I put together of some 'fun' activities that my kids don't get to every day. Maybe they're a little messy, or take a bit more of your time than you're usually willing to give up. But maybe you're in a place where you're willing to sacrifice a little to keep the kids happy and occupied. *smile*
- Obstacle Course (set up 'cones' to run around, chairs/benches to climb over, cushions to jump on, etc.)
- Board Games
- Card Games
- Memory (I hate picking up all those little cards afterwards, so this one doesn't come out often)
- Lacing cards/shapes for little ones
- Block Party--go on a hunt all through the house to find all those lost blocks. Then bring them all to the living room and built a giant city/fort/tower together!
- Boxes--my little kids love to play with boxes. If you have any that are big enough to sit/stand in, you've got instant cars, trains, houses, or whatever else your kids imagine.
- Tents--set up a real one, or drape blankets over chairs
- Tea Party
- Wii Sports Tournament (maybe video games are a cop-out, but when you pit the whole family against each other in a tournament, it gets pretty interesting!)
- Cut & Paste pictures/collages
- Paint pictures
- Play/Puppet Show--some kids are born for this kind of thing :)
- Science Experiments